"So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. 27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."
At SSMJ, how do our children access 'physical activity'?
'The Chief Medical Officers’ guidance on daily physical activity levels sets out that children should do at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day. Schools should ensure all pupils have access to 30 minutes of physical activity every day...'
At SSMJ, we offer our children the following:
- 15 minute morning playtime each day.
- 1 hour lunchtime (with at least 45 minutes of that spent outside)
- A afternoon break for KS1 (15 minutes)
- 2 x 1hour PE slots for each class per week.
- Access to after-school sports clubs which run for 1 hour per week (Football, netball etc)