Good Morning and welcome to Thursday. Here you will find all the links you need to the lessons today.
In English we are carrying on with The Nowhere Emporium
In Maths we are going to be rounding numbers!
Key questions and ideas
What and where are the seven highest peaks in each continent?
What and where the mountains of the UK?
What is a mountain? Is all high land a mountain?
What does an Ordnance Survey map represent?
To locate Snowdon on an OS map.
To understand the key features of an OS map including:
- Compass directions
- The key
- Four and six-figure grid references
- Grid squares
To interpret an OS map to answer questions about a locality: Snowdon.
L.O.: We don’t have to do anything to make God love us.
Titus was a Gentile that is someone who is not Jewish. He converted to Christianity and helped Paul to spread the Good News of God’s love. The letter to Titus that is in the New Testament is addressed to him in Crete where Paul left him to help the church there.
Tell them not to speak evil of anyone, but to be peaceful and friendly, and always to show a gentle attitude toward everyone. For we ourselves were once foolish, disobedient, and wrong. We were slaves to passions and pleasures of all kinds. We spent our lives in malice and envy; others hated us and we hated them. But when the kindness and love of God our Saviour was revealed, he saved us.
It was not because of any good deeds that we ourselves had done, but because of his own mercy that he saved us, through the Holy Spirit, who gives us new birth and new life by washing us.
God poured out the Holy Spirit abundantly on us through Jesus Christ our Saviour, so that by his grace we might be put right with God and come into possession of the eternal life we hope for.
This is a true saying. I want you to give special emphasis to these matters, so that those who believe in God may be concerned with giving their time to doing good deeds, which are good and useful for everyone.
(Titus 3: 2-8)
- How did God’s love change Paul?
- What does this tell us about the quality of God’s love?
- How do you think it might affect our attitude and behaviour?
- What do you think is the link between Baptism and the life of a Christian?
- How does this scripture offer hope to people
- Write a letter to Paul thanking him for his letter to the people in Crete, saying how and why its message encouraged them and shaped their lives. Include how Paul’s message can shape our lives today.
- Look up Acts 8: 1-3 (note that Paul was called Saul before his conversion), to find out how Paul behaved before he was converted to Jesus Christ. Use that information and what Paul says in his letter to Titus to explain how Paul’s beliefs changed him.