- How do you think Jesus felt at his baptism and how did it help him?
- How do you feel when people reassure and praise you? Why is it important?
- How do you think Andrew felt when Jesus invited him to ‘come and see’?
- What was Andrew’s response to Jesus’ call?
- What do you think they did for ‘the rest of the day’?
- What commitment would this need?
- Imagine you are John the Baptist recalling these events. Describe your experience: how you felt, what it meant to your belief in God’s promise.
- Using Scripture, prepare some questions to ask Andrew in a hot-seat activity, which will explore the difference the call of Jesus made to his life. Ask him about incidents which happened in his life and what his response was and why.
- Research more about Saint John Mary Vianney. How did his faith shape his life?