What’s a digital leader?
A digital leader is a pupil who is part of a digital leaders’ team within our school, their role is to support the use of technology, particularly iPads across the school. They do a variety of jobs including:
- Support the use of iPads and computers in school to support learning
- Share their skills and expertise with other pupils, classes and teachers.
- Assist teachers and other pupils in understanding coding applications.
- Set up equipment in their classrooms for teachers.
- Support teachers in using technology in the classroom.
- Have a good understanding of how to stay safe with technology and share that with others.
- Provide first line technical support in school.
- Attend training sessions when they are arranged both in and out of school.
Digital leaders 2022/23
Our Digital Leaders play a vital role in the safety of students online at SSMJ. They are someone that children can go to if they are worried about something they have seen or heard online or if children simply want to ask a question.
During Online Safety Week, the Digital Leaders led an assembly specifically about their role and the theme for online safety week: Want to talk about it? Making space for conversations about life online.